Old 07-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #8
TeamBuilder
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Preliminary Association Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallIsLife2
Evan Turner for Jarett Jack? That's not very realistic.
If you want a franchise big man like Cousins, you are going to be giving up a lot of pieces to the Kings, like a couple first-rounders and young talent to replace Cousins.
Perhaps you're right. Tell me if my justifications seem illogical.

1) Jarrett Jack and any necessary draft picks (likely includes a 1st rounder) for Evan Turner. Logic being that the 76ers are rebuilding and Turner's rookie contract is almost up. He's in line for a hefty increase that may not justify his ability. I assume the game will have him signing for around 9-10 million per year for 4/5 years. That's a lot of money to commit to a player whose talent registers as an above-average second option on an average team. The 76ers get a more affordable contract and backup point guard in Jack, financial flexibility moving forward, and a 1st round pick.

2) The exchange of Cousins for Bynum, Varajao, and T. Thompson is a trade I think the Kings would make in a heartbeat (with cap throw-ins Fredette, Salmons, and J. Thompson). The return on superstar players hasn't been that impressive (see Dwight Howard trade) and the Kings would be getting three established front line players. T. Thompson is still growing, and when healthy, Bynum and Varajao are top 7 centers in the NBA (and in the video game world, Bynum's knees aren't much of a concern).

That's my logic. Perhaps it's illogical. If it is, talk me out of it.