Old 07-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #15
jmaj315
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Predetermined action for DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzydd
While people have praised the implementation of the option in this game (and in some ways, rightfully so), it's clear that a big part of their success is turning the defense into robotic pawns who are locked in to animations regardless of what is happening. At the very least, it's mindboggling EA didn't give us three choices pre-snap (or set a default depending on the opponent): DE attack QB if it's a read option, attack RB, or run a LB scrape.
Adjustments tab in play selection? then control a LB/S? thats what i do... seems to work out okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblu54
I always control the d-line when playing D (either DE or DT) and noticed that while playing the demo. I wanted to crash hard to stop the dive but the DE was caught in the sit-and-read animation and I couldn't go further until after the QB gave up the ball. I'm glad they improved the option but if I'm controlling the option read defender I shouldn't be locked into an animation I don't want.

I played college ball and when we played option teams our DE's were taught to take the FB dive almost 95% of the time unless a stunt is called. That's how I want to attack the option on the game but apparently EA has other ideas.
I think the user should have a timing window to choose which way he wants to attack the backfield. But I think it should be tied to an animation (at least with infinity engine) because changing directions as quickly as we are used to in previous versions (and M13 as well) is not very realistic. I imagine ignite engine would solve this problem, but whether or not they allow you to have complete control of the DE will likely stay
Advertisements - Register to remove