Old 07-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #123
prototype12
Rookie

prototype12's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 14 Uniform Update #1 Details, Free DLC Arrives Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesKnows85
Florida gets screwed again. I find it straight amusing that the Gators released their new number font BEFORE Georgia, yet Georgia's made the game's release. Florida's hasn't even made the first update. What is this crew's problem with Florida?

UCLA gets new gloves before Florida, arguably the best CFB in the past 10 years, gets their new jerseys that have been out for quite some time now. That's a SMDH moment. I think every team that didn't have their primary uniforms should have been made top priority before adding alternates of other teams.
Calm down lol it's already been said there's gonna be another release in August.

People don't understand it's not EA. As a code programmer myself there are cut off dates for code releases much like the uniforms probably work. This one was probably set a month ago. Do people have any idea the paperwork and process even a small uniform edit has to go through? hell since its DLC xbox has to review it and approve it! very lengthy..if they didnt get a University to sign off by say June 22nd then they don't make it in that update. Even if they sign off on jersey or helmet on June 23rd it cannot be included until the next one. Because it is usually a legal binding date even for small updates. Factor in that sometimes certain looks are hard to achieve in a small time on a 3d environment game and many other factors.

Frustrating? Yes. And while I have many annoyances with EA on this game this is not one that is their fault.

Now like a guy said about NIU having wrong jerseys for a few years its hard to believe the university hasn't signed off and it is EAs fault but there has to be a reason.

Rant over
Philadelphia 76ers
West Virginia Mountaineers
Florida Gators '96 '06 '08