View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #19
BlackNGold
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: WWE 2K14 Gameplay Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedboy
Those were the good old days. I remember them fondly although i could not join fire pro club at the time i always kept up. I also enjoy reading the mark out moment threads.

Another thing id like your opinion on is no mercy. I understand it was great in its time but the momentum in that game and match flow is pathetic. You can get a finisher and pin the ai in 2 minutes most of the time. Great for multiplayer but we used house rules like no pins and ko's only. This lead to all of us creating characters with strikes that can ko and grabs as well. I have never seen so much blatant use of the half nelson suplex in my life.
I liked no mercy and vpw2 a lot more but once I got into fire pro d heavily i never looked back.
I liked No Mercy well enough, and same as you liked VPW2 more. The logic setting were in No Mercy too, you just had to use a GS to access and modify them. I also liked WCW Revenge and World Tour. They were fun. But they don't quite compare to the Firepros or KOCs.

My first Firepro was Firepro Wrestling G on the PSX. I loved the Victory Road story mode in it.
71 carrer INTs (#3 All-Time), 12 ret for TDs (#1 All-Time), 1483 Int Return Yards (#1 All-Time)
Member of NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team (Along with 5 other Steelers)

http://www.nfl.com/history/legends/75th-anniversary

Last edited by BlackNGold; 07-24-2013 at 09:32 AM.