View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 02:21 AM   #22
Weedboy
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: WWE 2K14 Gameplay Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold
I liked No Mercy well enough, and same as you liked VPW2 more. The logic setting were in No Mercy too, you just had to use a GS to access and modify them. I also liked WCW Revenge and World Tour. They were fun. But they don't quite compare to the Firepros or KOCs.

My first Firepro was Firepro Wrestling G on the PSX. I loved the Victory Road story mode in it.
I started experimenting with the series with an emulator on snes a 8 years ago and had stopped playing the wwe games right after the first svr. I purchased 10, 11 and 12 for the outstanding community creations. I would spend hours editing move sets, entrances and adding music. I then re rate all the wrestlers and make factions etc.

When you get in the ring though all I feel is frustration. It is too easy to reverse against the ai. The ai will let you land 3 grabs then automatically reverse the next every time whether it is a strike, grab etc. We at least need back the 2 separate reverse buttons and slower game play for starters. This game should not be a button masher which is what the striking is shaping up to be. I want to like the game but it is no challenge.