View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 03:30 AM   #1
kazijen
Rookie

OVR: 0
I Know That Guy...A 'dynasty' following one man.

I've been playing a fair amount of video football here lately, and I have been slightly disappointed by the hollow feeling I get playing newer games. In my nostalgia, I booted up NCAA 2006 and rediscovered Race for the Heisman. After playing a bit, I had an idea. What if I created a player in NCAA 2006 and followed him through the 2008-09 NCAA season and straight into Madden 2010? This is an attempt at satisfying my own desire for a deep, long-lasting, rewarding and story-driven video game football experience.

A few notes about this little project:
1) This is purely for my own enjoyment. I am posting here in case this is the kind of thing anybody else might enjoy.
2) Madden 2010 may not be the Pro leg of the journey. My other options are updated NFL 2k5 and updated Madden 08 (PC). I will be jumping across platforms at some point either way.
3) This is as much about the story as it is about the game. I was feeling nostalgic for older football games and wanting to read/write a good little story, so...two birds, one stone.

I think I'll enjoy playing/writing this. If it seems like something you'd enjoy as well, feel free to follow along.
Advertisements - Register to remove