View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 01:27 AM   #4
steelersredspacers
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How can I get my passing game going?

Here is a play that I like to run a lot. First, call a read option play with 4 receivers (2 on each side) and a running back in the formation. If the corners back off the receivers, audible to pass and hot route the outside guys to curl routes and if the it is man coverage, they will be open every time. Also hot route the inside guys to slants or any route over the middle so if it is zone and the curls are covered, you can check down to the inside guys.

If the defense is playing press and there is a corner lined up in front of every receiver, just run the read option play. On rare occasions, you will get a play where one of the slot receivers doesn't have anyone near him pre snap. In that case, hot route him to an out route towards the sideline, and the outside receiver on the same side to a streak to clear him out. Also, post routes over the middle tend to work very well. Streaks are almost impossible to complete unless the receiver is wide open though.

I hope this helps but a lot of passing on this game is about pre snap reads. Generally, a slant over the middle from a slot receiver can beat most coverages if you are in a pinch and don't know what to do