View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
Dj_MyTime
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
I've Always Been a Runner, and Didn't Enjoy it On M13 Until...

It was too damn late lol! I downloaded the Early Release for NCAA, and two things that stood out that I really liked about the run game and could be applied to Madden were 1)the slower game speed (I've set Madden to "Very Slow"), and 2) the return of "RT" to control acceleration vs auto-sprint.

I've heard many conversations regarding more novice runners being more successful with slower backs, I've never personally had trouble with fast runners, but after going back to the "RT" it has opened my eyes, and as a result my running game has improved a good deal. As I've been able to better set up blocks, hit the running lanes, as well as the change of speed in and out of cuts/jukes/etc. seem to have made my runners even more elusive, I've even seen less Infinity Engine stumbling/tripping. Since some form of "physics" are supposedly involved running slower may be what led to this finding of improved ball carrier balance. (To be noted prior to this I noticed holding "RB" helped with tripping on inside runs--ball carrier is also moving slower while doing this as well)

For those who are a bit bored and look for something to do feel free to try to the settings out, FYI my speed threshold is set to "7" as well. Worst case scenario you'll be getting used to M25's new running controls.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove