View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #44
Distilled Air
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hasn't Special Teams Been Neglected Long Enough?

I'm creating a case file on this game in all area's and the kicking game is one of them.

*First off, I have reduced the kicking accuracy for both User & Cpu to 35 and the power I left at 50. The reason I did this is because I don't feel that 'icing' a premier kicker works anyways unless it's the Boise State kicker from a few years back or if you have a holder like Ray Finkle. And to have a 'perk' called 'Antifreeze' like this is COD 6 to neutralize 'icing' the kicker in the first place seems like a moot point and from a coaching stand point, unrealistic. I have seen the Cpu kicker miss point blank 30 yard fgs numerous times with the accuracy adjustments but unfortunately the accuracy slider doesn't effect the User.
*Secondly, regarding fgs. I also must disagree with the point made that the Cpu kicker doesn't kick fgs when it is out of the kickers range. Like last year, I was sooo tired of seeing the Cpu kicker kick 55+ yard fgs and see the ball barely land after the goal line. This 'bug' if you wanna call it that is still in this game. You would think that the Cpu 'coach' would know the kicking power of his fg kicker by week 3 but I am still seeing them line up for a 50+ fg and embarrassingly have the ball land 10 yards short of the back of the endzone, let alone off target.
*My last point is an interesting one for sure. Try it yourself this weekend. The punting game is a train wreck and one of the most inconsistent parts of the NCAA series. When punting, I always always angle the punt low and towards the sidelines. I'm hoping to have it land just in front of the returners feet and bounce for 15 yards out of bounds. I have this pretty well mastered and have to defend the punt returns very rarely. We're happy for ya! Ok, now to the computers turn. You stop them on their 48 yard line on third down. Here comes the punt team. 9.5 Times out of 10 the Cpu will kick it into the endzone. I'm sure we have all seen this. Now, next time you stop them, go and simulate the punt. Chances are they coffin corner it or your returner fair catches it inside the 20. I started to notice this when I was the DC and I would just simulate until I was on defense. Now I watch all of the Cpu's special team plays. The same will happen if you simulate your punter. Sometimes your punter has better success and I have gotten a few safeties a year when I was DC.
*One more funny 'bug' about punts. When you simulate a punt, the commentators will comment on how you went for it on 4th down. Try it on your turn to punt and the computers turn so you get the maximum experience and some funny line's from Kirk.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Distilled Air; 08-06-2013 at 12:59 AM.