View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
Duece
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Gran Turismo 6 Videos and Screenshots - Goodwood Hill Climb Course

I think everybody in this thread hit the nail on the head in terms of how I feel about Gran Turismo. I've owned Gran Turismo, GT3 and finally GT5. GT5 is the only Gran Turismo game I'm actually making real progress in, after owning it for a month I'm at level 25. Previously, I just drove and raced around GT1 and 3 rather aimlessly and never really made any progress.

GT, as somebody said, does have a very sterile feel to it and I think I did myself a disservice by buying GT5 after playing 88% of the way thru Midnight Club: LA and beating Grid 1. Grid and MCLA both have great atmospheres. MCLA has that notorious rubber-banding but what I did like was the fact that you were not going to win every race. In Grid, computer controlled cars actually drove like they wanted to win, hell they would sometimes spin out or crash themselves. They felt alive, the races were tense, I actually miss that feeling. That feeling is not present in GT.

I've played the GT6 demo and I didn't notice anything different. Maybe I need to play it again. As for GT6, I'm not sure about buying that. Right now with the Midnight Club series being dead, I'm very much interesting in trying Forza Horizon.
Advertisements - Register to remove