View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
Yeats
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 14 Video - Pure Shot and Real Ball Physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
I picked up PES 2013 during the Steam Summer Sale too. Before this I'd never played a PES game and since it was on sale I figured I'd check it out. I played a few games as North London (didn't realize how much the licensing mattered to me till now) and I haven't touched it since then.
The feel of the shooting mechanics and ball physics in FIFA have always been the biggest attraction for me, just so superior IMO to any other soccer game, present or past. To me, that's ground zero as far as what keeps me playing any sports game. I can live with inferior graphics and even clunky animations, but if the basics of the sport itself don't feel right (passing, shooting and throwing the soccer ball, football, puck, etc.) then I lose interest fast.

My one concern with the info above is that EA may make it too easy to get good shots away and on target. I never use the finesse button for example because it feels to me like a cheat, like auto-aim in a FPS or something. Hopefully these additions to FIFA 14 are properly balanced in that regard.