Old 08-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
jpdavis82
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 25 is the first year of Cam Weber's 3 year plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeter2
The 3 year plan thing to me is a flawed approach. The way the NFL game is played it's constantly changing. We need a game with the leadership to be able to adapt with the trends in real life. Right now the Pistol and defending the pistol is the fad. A couple years ago it was the freshness of the exotic blitz and wildcat package. Madden struggles to replicate these things often
I think Madden 25 will do a pretty good job replicating the pistol and read option. I agree that the plan needs to be consistent with what happens currently in the NFL. Hard to predict what will happen next year in the NFL, let alone 3 years from now. Good post

I think we'll know soon whether or not the 3 year plan is actually legit or just spin and hype. It doesn't really matter to me as long as the game improves consistently and at a much faster rate on next gen. We can't expect a complete sim game on next gen in one cycle, but in two or three we definitely should have the ultimate NFL experience. Hopefully next year's focus will be on the D and WR/DB interactions. I know Rex Dickson said WR/DB interactions is one of the top priorities on their list for improvements in the future. What Madden REALLY needs is consistent improvement in every area of the game every year. That is something that has been a complete absence on current gen. If they keep improving the gameplay, a.i., presentation, commentary, connected franchise every year, then the game will improve leaps and bounds every year. Current gen was a complete mess each year and had no real sense of direction. A consistent focus on the things that matter will do wonders for this franchise.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-09-2013 at 11:09 AM.