Old 08-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Cannot throw Deep passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
I agree with most of this (and THP does seem to make some difference), but Precision Passing on deep balls still isn't "right". It works great on crossing routes and bullet passes - you can throw to a guy's back shoulder, lead him, etc. I actually enjoy throwing in the red zone now because I know I can control it.

But it should be possible to purposefully tell my QB to lead the WR too far. In other words, if there is no safety help on that side, and my receiver has a step on the CB one-on-one, I would use the deep ball more often if I could tell him to throw it 5-10 yards past the WR, so that either my guy gets it or it hits the turf.

Overthrows are too rare on throws over 20 yards. Especially considering that I tell him to over-lead the receiver EVERY time, and it still ends up being picked off by the CB in front of my receiver.

You can throw deep in this game, but only because of a blown coverage or if you fit it in the window between two layers of defense in zone. The one-on-one deep ball should be a bigger part of the game. I have no problem if it only is completed 1 out of every 5 tries, but the "misses" should be incomplete more than they are INT's.
You are absolutely right. Generally the only time I go deep now is off of playaction when a guy is wide open.

They do need to improve the way the deep ball plays out.