Old 08-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
jello1717
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Recruiting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencerm
I was just curious as to the biggest deficit any of you have overcome to win a recruit. For example, I'm listed as 4th on a recruit's list (it's week 5), but I trail his leader by 4,900 points. Is it worth dropping an offer on them and putting 700 points on them for a few weeks? Or would my points be better spend elsewhere? Typically I'd let these guys go, but some are guaranteed studs (i.e. an athlete with 94 speed, 80 awareness, 85 throw power and 84 throw accuracy). If I see Mike Vick 2.0 it's tough to let that go.
Back on topic:

More important than trailing the leader by 4,900 points is how many points are you trailing the last team projected to make the cut and how close is he to locking.

If he will lock before the offseason AND you can get to within 2,000 points of the last team that made the cut you should absolutely go after him (as long as you'll still be able to schedule a visit. If he has 5 visits set up than fugedaboutit). Once he locks you can use a lockpick and you'll leap into 2nd or 3rd place and will likely only trail by about 300-400.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings