View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #18
Gorilla Glass
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: OS - Press Row Podcast: Episode 37 - Madden NFL 25 Ratings with EA’s Donny Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You are right that it is straight line logic here. And the logic is that those two played at the same level so they should be rated equally.

The stats:
QB % yrds TDs int rate ypg
RG3 65.6 3200 20 5 102.4 213
Wilson 64.1 3118 26 10 100 195

They both played at certain level (EA thinks this level is 89 overall). Wilson received a larger increase over last year because he had a lower initial rating so he had more ground to make up.

And sure Wilson may have struggled out of the gate, but if that is true then logic tells us he must have finished strong to end up with those numbers. That suggests a good deal of progression throughout the season which, correct me if I am wrong, but that is important for a rookie QB.

Tell me something since you are clearly not a Redskin homer and re completely unbiased, how would you have it? What should their ratings be?
You did yourself no favors posting stats. I purposely left them out.

Anyways based on stats alone tells me they shouldn't be on the same level especially since RG3 missed several games last year and still exceeded those of Wilson's.

I would put Wilson below Andrew Luck at an 87. I put RG3 at 91. This is based on where they started and ended.