View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Accuracy Ratings Explained

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...-25-qb-ratings

Saw this posted and couldn't believe what I was reading about Short/Medium/Deep accuracy ratings.

Quote:
Our ratings have broken down Throw Accuracy (THA) into 3 categories: short, medium and deep. While Aaron Rodgers is very accurate throwing to all parts of the field, some quarterbacks are much more accurate on short throws than deep throws. Here’s the breakdown:
- Short Accuracy – rating is the accuracy percentage of the QB on throws under 20 yards.
- Medium Accuracy – rating is the accuracy percentage of the QB on throws of 20-40 yards.
- Deep Accuracy – rating is the accuracy percentage of the QB on throws greater than 40 yards.
I had to read this 2 or 3 times to really figure out what I was reading. EA really considers any throw up to 20 yards a "short" pass? Twenty to Forty yards is a "medium" pass?????

This is pretty disturbing to think that the developers actually consider a pass thrown 18 yards downfield is a short distance.

Before reading this, I always went with a guess that SAC was anything under 10 yards, MAC was 10-20/25 yards, and DAC was 25+ going off of common sense. In the words of the great Lloyd Christmas "I was way off!"

Silver lining, at least we're getting some explanation of how these ratings work, so now I know I really only have to worry about the SAC rating since 90% of my throws are under 20 yards.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove