View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #16
servo75
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 25 Re-Rating Roster Project

I've uploaded a couple more files. The first is a combined spreadsheet of all the FBG player ratings (hope that's ok). Note there are two worksheets. The first is all the original data. In the second, I removed all players with ratings under 55. The reason I noticed that most teams had the lowest rating equal to exactly 27, which didn't fit the distribution. Also this makes the total number of players closer to the roughly 70 per team in the EA spreadsheet. The second file is a comparison of the distribution of the ratings FBG vs. Madden.

Notice how in graph #2 (Madden) the ratings have a bit of a negative skew - a LOT of average players, a moderate amount of high ratings with very few low ratings. Not very realistic. Note how many players are 80 and above!

Graph #1 (FBG ratings) show what we call a "positive skew". That means that there are a LOT of mediocre players and very few elite players. This better reflects how real NFL players are. Incidentally, this "positive skew" was also in the data before removing the low rated players, just not as obvious.

I know what I said above is rather technical . If there is any or , please ask.

FBG Ratings Spreadsheet

Graph Comparison of Ratings

Last edited by servo75; 08-24-2013 at 02:05 PM.