View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #16
mogrod
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 25 Slider skill level

I wish sports games would just do away with the skill levels all together. I wish this was the case anyway. I know this is in the Madden forum, but for example, it's frustrating playing 2K and setting all the sliders. On one difficulty, the computer can't make a shot or play defense. You bump it up one level, all the same sliders, and then the computer can't do anything wrong.

Just make the game at a default level and give us all the sliders to adjust the game exactly, easy or hard, like we like. Include a couple of built in slider sets like "Arcade" and "Sim" but let us tweak it to the level we want to play at.

Bringing it back to Madden, just set it at whatever level when shipping the game but give us a slider for each player attribute. So, if we think swim moves should get a bump, or RB jukes should get reduced, we can do that. If someone wants it super easy, they can reduce all the AI sliders way down. Instead, they're taking away sliders and we don't know what weird effects each of those sliders has on the gameplay. The difficulty level just arbitrarily does things to make the AI easier or harder.

The games are implementing file sharing now anyway. Follow in the footsteps of Minecraft or a Disney Infinity. Just give us all the tools. Let us customize the whole experience like we like and share it amongst the community so we all can have a game we enjoy playing how we want to play it.