View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
servo75
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9
Total Control Passing

Ok so the Madden Trainer thingie is very bad at explaining this, but it says that you can hold "L" in 8 different directions to lead a receiver. Then during some of the drills it says to press down on "L" to throw a LOW pass. So which is it?? Does "down L" throw the ball SHORT or LOW? They're not the same thing. My impression was that tap/hold is high/low, and "L" is simply direction.

On that same vein, my big problem with fades and long passes is that my receiver does NOT go up for the ball, just stands there and watches the defender leap up to swat or intercept it. So I would think that to make a receiver go up for the ball, you should lob it and press down on L, but that requires a high pass and according to the training mode thingie, "L" down makes the pass low.

So how do you use total control passing to take advantage of a tall receiver and make him jump for it.

Please don't tell me to manual catch, that's out of the question.
Advertisements - Register to remove