View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #9
jayenomics
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: The Life: New York Jets

Eccentric Billionaire Pays Cash for Jets, in Negotiations for Floundering Devils
New hope for New Jersey's teams?

In a move straight out of fiction, Billionaire Entrepreneur Jason Mathews purchased the New York Jets from Woody Johnson for $959,000,001. Who knows why the $1 on the end, but it has happened. What was first a rumor on twitter, the NFL confirmed the sale of the team via a short statement.
We are happy to welcome Jason Mathews to the NFL ownership fraternity. With his purchase of the New York Jets, we welcome him and hope for a long and prosperous relationship.
Little is known how Mathews made his money, but he burst onto the scene in 2010 when he was spotted with Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban. Could there be a connection to the eccentric Cuban who at one point tried to purchase the Chicago Cubs?

Below is a statement released by Mathews shortly after the NFL released their own:

I grew up in New Jersey, and have found it a shame that teams such as the Jets, and Giants who both work and play in New Jersey have been labeled "New York". The Jets are now New Jersey's team. I love the Jets, and have been a season ticket holder since 2000. I will do everything within my power to put a winner on the field.

No expense will be spared. I promise the people of New Jersey, a Super Bowl champion. It may not be this year, but you will get one. J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!