View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #22
SHAKYR
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Will 2K Expand Their Lineup in Next-Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
2K should add a few titles back and have them release every other year.

Say NHL 2K15, then Boxing 2K16, then NHL 2K17 etc etc.

No need for yearly releases IMO.
I totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
I really wish some game maker would post the bones of a great sports game (boxing, basketball etc) and let the community run wild with a creation suite similar to what they use. No license fees and minimal work on their end perfecting actual likenesses.
I have saying this about a boxing game for the longest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal_hawk
I think business wise it would make sense for them to try arcade versions of their current lineups. While MLB Bigs didn't do too hot, I'd be surprised if 2k couldn't do a successful arcade basketball game, but yet still have a lot of depth to playable modes. Also could do something interesting for a football game that sold on creating your own highschool and playing online. Never been done before and I'm sure it'd strike the interest of the younger audience.

But it's hard to say. 2k is a pretty insconsistent brand beyond what they've been known for in football and basketball.

NHL, boxing, tennis, mlb, mlb bigs, and All pro 2k have all been flops in the sales.
They usually develop pretty capable teams designing the games it just seems they fall short between finding what the buyer really wants and running effective promotions/advertisements.
2K failure with the boxing was outside producers fault. If 2K used in house producers I really think the results would have different.