View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #24
prettylittlesmiles
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Difficulty Running Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabamafan
Anyone have any tips to tune down the shoe string tackles? I have a decent gauge on running - nothing crazy, as i am pass first, but i can generally run for about 125-150 yds with like a YPC of around 4 or so. But my biggest issue/frustration is this - i recruited a 5* RB that had 96 SP and 97 ACC. After a RS season and then starting yr 2, he is now a RS SO - 92 OV, 98 SP, 99 ACC... and fat, slow DT run me down on a toss 95% of the time... sprint or no sprint. I am trying for realistic stats/gameplay and this is the complete opposite IMO.
My threshold is at 25. What is your Threshold at? Also you need to learn to anticipate the dive tackle. As soon as you feel it coming on you need to make a hard cut. I do not save replays, but I have some pretty nasty replays of my HB running and defenders diving for his feet as he cuts left and right avoiding them all the way to the promise land. Next game watch how far the defender is before they make the dive. Every time you see them about that distance from you get ready to make a cut. Should avoid a lot of tackles that way.