View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Week 1: Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
The game that everyone will really be watching this weekend............

Anyway, Russel Wilson returns to the state where he made his name as a college football/baseball star (at least to diehard ACC fans).

Cam Newton and the offense look to get into a rhythm they couldn't find in the preseason, and Newton also will probably want to put his name back in the "great young QB" conversation after all of the attention paid to the rooks last year.

Don't be surprised to see some fireworks between Steve Smith and Richard Sherman. They both like to talk, and Steve has no qualms about getting into it with whomever is covering him.

I have no idea what to expect out of Carolina this year. The defense looked good in the preseason, but the DBs are so bad that I don't think they can keep it up unless the front 7 gets constant pressure. The offense could be explosive, but can anyone other than Steve make the defense pay for stacking the box to stop the run?

Seattle is a popular Super Bowl pick because of how they played last year, and everyone assuming Wilson and co. will be improved. Bruce Irvin is suspended, that could hurt the Seattle defense.. I don't really know, the Carolina OL is pretty bad, so it may not end up mattering much. Then again, Seattle is traveling west for a 1 pm ET start time.

Seattle is the favorite, and should be. They're the better team.

I don't have a score prediction, I just hope the Panthers don't embarrass themselves.
I think this game is going to be close. I think Newton is going to rebound this year.

The division still runs through San Francisco. I hate all the hype. Seattle has a lot to prove.

24-17, Seattle. But it really could be closer. 10 AM road games are never easy for Seattle.