Old 09-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #18
WelshWizard
Rookie

WelshWizard's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is my CFM scheme broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
except it doesn't even work right. take for instance matt forte. when you go to his player card it says his scheme is "one-cut". so you'd figure if you were running a one-cut scheme for a runningback that would show his highest possible overall, however, he gets worse when you do the one-cut scheme and is best when you do balanced! the only way to figure out is to adjust the scheme over and over and keep going in to the roster to see what their overalls display in a certain scheme because their best possible scheme as it shows on the player card is rarely their actual best one, so thats fun and time consuming. and then once you get everything set up the way you want it in the menus and go to play a game, lo and behold, all of the overalls are drastically different!
Yeah but the overall means nothing execpt for my next reply below. Pick what you want and what players suit your play/scheme. For simiming It's the same. Don't Judge players just on there overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I understand the overalls are meaningless in gameplay, but don't they affect the contracts the players demand?
Yeah higher overall ratings demand more money for their position so you could mess them around and get them cheaper if you wanted.

This is stupid imo. A team can be interested in different type of players than others but if thats the case would they pay more wages to him? No. The less amount of teams that were interested in him would likely lower his contract value. This is where the main overall that is in madden could be added to CFM to make the players have set contracts demands based on this and then they could add other factors such as team success, location etc if more than one team made a offer but even this seems too much to add when some of the fundamentals of the features they have added and re-added don't work how they should.

The fact is it's a good idea for CPU team building but it's not been implemented right and wasn't explained well in 13 and still hasn't been.