View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #974
Coach2K
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Wish I could use a dislike button a few pages back. lol your definitely no coach more like Coach cheap buckets. SimHeadGaming get in our level. That goes goes for all the so called SIM players that run money plays and score off cheesy passes under basket. Iso, switch hands, move and switch hands again doesn't make you SIM.
After jerzey deleted his comments on twitter which I appreciated him doing, I deleted mine and asked the other posters and the mods to delete the other references but I can't control what they do.

Just saying cheese and not being specific really doesn't teach anyone anything. I'm going to post the video below again and if you want to pick on me that's ok. That's why I record the videos specifically for that reason.

Let's be specific on exactly where and what it is you don't like in that video.

As far as my game play goes, I wasn't happy with my first offensive possession but other than that, I see no glaring problems with my play. I told Jerzey in a message that there are no "money" plays in the default Pacers playbook and if you watch the video you can see my side completely, what I call who I am controlling.

I also think that you guys are overlooking some pretty impressive on ball defense by George during that stretch against some of the iso moves you say you don't like in your post.

And I guess since I am asking you to be specific, I will be.

If we are talking sim here, and I'm being labelled, then why is Jerzey in a 1-3-1 zone here:

I think a large part of the community here would say that's cheese.

And if we are going to talk money plays, isn't that exactly what the spin move off the guy in the post is here?

Personally, I thought this was a well played game. It was kind of boring but in the fourth when it tightened up I thought it was a great battle between us.

In dealing with guys playing each other in league play, I've noticed that it's easy for guys to get upset when it comes to the game. Even I am guilty of it too.

But I've always encouraged everyone to keep battling regardless of what they think and over time, that animosity fades and people focus less on quirks in game play, more on playing and then those guys are now pretty good friends.

The 2K community is pretty large. There's room for everyone in it. The problem here is that Jerzey and I don't really know each other.

I didn't appreciate being attacked in public and retaliated to it because I thought it was unfair.

I apologized to Jerzey for my part and moved on with the exception of the questions I asked above.

In the end, I like Jerzey, I can separate some post game anger from the guy also trying to help people and doing a good job of that.

I don't have any animosity towards him or you for that matter.

For myself, I am interested in putting the best game out there. So even if you critique my play, while I might think it's a stretch to call anything I did cheese, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

When I look at all the game play out there and see what people do, it's amazing that our gameplay which I had no problem with on either side is even in a discussion like this because it doesn't deserve to be.

Good game Jerzey. I hate to bring it up again. Just know I'm looking for where it is you and your friends want to see improvement specifically.

Here's some gameplay.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 09-04-2013 at 05:25 PM.