View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #24
JohnDoe8865
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Man, I really wish Ian and his vision for "Everything You See on Sunday" was still on the Madden team. Madden NFL 10 was the high point for this generation of Madden, no question in my mind. It seemed like Madden 11 and Madden 12 were side steps at best, and now I think it's clear why. If that team, that created Madden 10, had been able to follow up on their vision and go with a full three year plan starting with Madden 10, I think we'd be in a far better place in console football gaming.

As it stands, we got a sloppy mess of a Madden 13 last year, and this year seems like year two of a plan. I'm just not sure if the plan involves the vision that takes Madden where it should be. NBA 2K level of commentary and franchise depth, more options for owner mode, tight gameplay (Ian mentions that you can feel how bad the defensive locomotion is if you go back and play Madden last gen), and NFL worthy authenticity. Madden NFL NEEDS these things to become an elite sports game.

Problem is, the game sells without being anything close to an elite game. Sales are down on current-gen this year, but they'll make that up and then some on next-gen.