View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 12:50 AM   #6
shaken_bacon
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 14 Revamped Attribute Suggestion Thread

Sorry for double post, but just in case my last post was read wanted this one to be seen too.

Just wanted to ask if we can get a Free Agent list as well? For example there are some decent talent free agents and I'm worried they'll be rated too high once these new ratings are complete.

I also noticed Drouin hasn't been rated yet so let me give you my take:

Johnathan Drouin

Speed: 77 (Decent skater.)
Body Checking:68 (Was strong in the Q, but I'm iffy about NHL.)
Endurance: 80 (Played big minutes and people loved to try and hit him, didn't slow down.)
Puck Control: 85
Passing: 90 (He'd make passes 90% of NHLers wouldn't even think about, maybe one of the most creative passers that's came up through the draft in years.)
Slap Shot Power: 72 (Haven't really seen him take too many, but he has a good shot in general.)
Slap Shot Accuracy: 70
Wrist Shot Power: 77 (Has a very good shot, we'll see how it translates into the NHL.)
Wrist Shot Accuracy: 80
Agility: 84 (agile.)
Strength: 69 (Stronger than people give him credit, but he's still young.)
Acceleration: 75 (I would say this is his weak point in skating ability.)
Balance: 75 (Incredibly balanced, but that was CHL.)
Faceoffs: 65 (Don't have the numbers, so I have a hard time judging faceoffs off memory.)
Durability: 79 (Has had a minor injury or two, pretty average so far.)
Deking: 84 (Crazy good mits.)
Aggressiveness: 65
Poise: 80 (Very poised in CHL, actually incredibly for his age, still I don't feel comfortable rating any higher having not played in the NHL yet.)
Hand-Eye: 80 (Very good hand eye.)
Shot Blocking: 65
Off Awareness: 85 (Incredibly awareness)
Def Awareness: 65
Discipline: 80
Fighting Skill: 55
Stick Checking: 68

Those are rough numbers because I don't know how you guys like to rate prospects. With that said, I have no doubt he is NHL ready. While sometimes playmakers have a hard time adjusting to the NHL, he will not. He thinks the game incredibly well and I think his game will be even better suited for the NHL. I expect him to not only make the team, but be a huge factor for Tampa Bay.

Nathan Mackinnon

Speed: 83 (Great stride)
Body Checking: 73 (Strong in Q, but we'll see.)
Endurance: 80
Puck Control: 86 (Incredible puck control for Q. Power Forward at its best.)
Passing: 80 (Great passer)
Slap Shot Power: 80
Slap Shot Accuracy:80
Wrist Shot Power: 84
Wrist Shot Accuracy: 82
Agility: 82
Strength: 76 (NHL strength, but he'll get even stronger in the next few years.)
Acceleration:82
Balance: 77 (Already so strong and so balanced.)
Faceoffs: 75
Durability: 80
Deking: 84
Aggressiveness: 78
Poise: 78
Hand-Eye: 78
Shot Blocking: 65
Off Awareness: 75
Def Awareness: 65
Discipline: 78
Fighting Skill: 60
Stick Checking: 71

Once again, another player that will be NHL ready. Unfortunately for Mackinnon one of his biggest asset is his strength and balance in my books. Which he'll only be average for this year. I expect Drouin's game to translate quicker to the NHL, but Mackinnon will be the better player down the road. Mackinnon is the complete package and when he gets stronger. He'll be incredibly deadly.