View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #96
Skopin
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Thats an unbacked up opinion. I gave examples of defense because I know what kinds of issues that game had, and I used Live 10 as an example because it was the best of current gen they released.

I think we can agree both games have issues but my issue here is a roasting of 2k although they've undisputably made the best basketball game to date ever made, while this company has tripped and slipped over its own feet several times, but its being ignored by the same folks who aren't even acknowledging the ridiculous issues this series was plagued with because they were real bad.

It makes it much easier to talk about what NBA Live needs to do and improve on rather than to say whats wrong in 2k. If this games doesnt improve to the level of 2k it'll just be a 2nd hand basketball series because they are far behind in alot of aspects.

Screw dribbling because that was never the problem... what about the unrealistic rebounding, lack of and and bad movement and animations, hardly touched franchise mode, and so many things this series has been plagued with from day 1?
I replied to someone else's post with my opinion about defense and AI. You jumped in and exclaimed that Live has flaws completely irrelevant to my post, so I countered by saying that 2k has those same issues.

I never said that Live was an amazing game, or that it was flawless. That being said, Live's major issue was player movement and interaction. There was a lot of sliding and warping to make things happen. 2k has similar issues, but to a different extent. The rebounding in 2k has been atrocious, especially in My Player/ My Career. Teammate AI on both offense and defense is also lacking.

My point is that both games have issues. With a new engine and new consoles, EA actually has the opportunity to fix their player movement issues. I would love two solid NBA games.