View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #99
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
I replied to someone else's post with my opinion about defense and AI. You jumped in and exclaimed that Live has flaws completely irrelevant to my post, so I countered by saying that 2k has those same issues.

I never said that Live was an amazing game, or that it was flawless. That being said, Live's major issue was player movement and interaction. There was a lot of sliding and warping to make things happen. 2k has similar issues, but to a different extent. The rebounding in 2k has been atrocious, especially in My Player/ My Career. Teammate AI on both offense and defense is also lacking.

My point is that both games have issues. With a new engine and new consoles, EA actually has the opportunity to fix their player movement issues. I would love two solid NBA games.

..and again, how is 2ks rebounding issues in My Player even remotely relevant to NBA Live's players jumping without bending their knees, onlu jumping straight up and down, rebounds hitting the floor not matter who jumps and whos around?

Like I said, there are far worse problems to deal with than what you dont like in My Player in another game.

Live didnt just have sliding and warping either...and since the defense was so gimped, you had players literally hugged to the ball player like a snuggie, and the only way you could drive was to do a bunch of dribble moves.. even though I pointed it out they ignored the issue, which tells me all of that Synergy data didn't mean crap in the scheme of it because all of those ratings and tendencies were awful, and I mean worse than 2k insider awful.

PGs were grabbing rebounds over Centers until you looked at the ratings and saw everybody's ratings were input from Candyland.

I commented on your defense is better comment and gave examples why its not, and im adding more because as I said, it seems that people have forgotten in the middle of all of this crazy arguing, EA has to deal with EAs issues, not 2ks.

If 2k never makes another game, EA will still need to deal with its gimped on court interaction, players shrinking size under the basket which was in that E3 trailer as well as old Live's and I have video to point that out as well...

Its such a long laundry list that I have no idea how so many people can come in here to this graveyard trashing 2k.