View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #7603
Yeah...THAT Guy
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Saw a free screening of Don Jon last night. The picture quality/sound quality left a bit to be desired (but I'm pretty sure it was just because it was a free screening and it was probably downloaded or something.

The actual movie was great though. JGL continues to really impress me as an actor. He's become one of my favorites. Any movie that has him in it will get interest from me.

Julianne Moore was also fantastic, and even Scarlett Johanson wasn't too bad for what her character was.

Tony Danza was also great in my opinion; he and JGL were a very believable father and son.

Very interesting, though sometimes predictable, plot. I thought it was cool that JGL used some subtleties in terms of the characterization and stuff. He had some interesting points to make in the movie, and rather than being blatantly obvious about them, he sort of subtly snuck them in, like the emphasis on "thing" when he tells a girl that she's the most beautiful thing he's ever seen in his life. Everyone thinks it's super sweet, but he's subtly hinting at the fact that a lot of guys see women as a thing/property/bragging chip rather than just a person.

What makes this movie shine in my opinion is the way that it's able to pass on the message that JGL wants, while not being over the top sexual, and while still making you laugh out loud at times (mainly at the family dinners).

Also, a lot of people will probably not like the ending very much, but I personally thought it made sense, and was happy with it. More detail about the ending here:
Spoiler
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 09-18-2013 at 05:46 PM.