View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #139
Jay Jay
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
To be completely honest, they weren't lighting the world on fire in 2009 either. Live 10 was a solid effort that was leading the series in the right direction, but it's greatness gets overplayed because of all the steaming piles of trash that lead up to it.

I don't think I will ever truly GET the logic of this thinking. 2K has been a great game over the years. It's been a game with it's own flaws of course as every game does. However it's been the most realistic basketball series we've ever seen to this date. All this "just want something different" talk is insane to me. What is the point here if that's the case? What exactly do you want out of a basketball game at that point? FIFA has been the most realistic soccer game out there, closest to the real thing we've gotten and seems like we'll ever get. I never hear people talking about "just wanting something different." EA's NHL series while flawed over the last few years has been probably the best and closest hockey game to the real thing we've seen. I never hear anybody talking about "just wanting something different." Probably the best example, MLB the Show. We know how good it is and even that game has it's flaws. I never, ever hear any PS3 players talking about "just wanting something different." However when it comes to basketball despite having a series that can boast the GOAT of basketball games and being as great as it is despite it's flaws people are willing to just settle "for something different?" Crazy to me.
Its that way because people want more control and as of today thats something 2k hasn't offered. Nhl and Fifa give us way more control because of the new engines something 2k should have done instead of porting. With 2k we have went through 2 gens of basically the same thing of course it gotten better but a lot want something different.