View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #3
ffaacc03
MVP

OVR: 33
I agree, expectations have been raised, by both, console makers and game developers, specially for this next gen era.

I am not expecting bugless nor fully tested games at all, however, I am certainly expecting fully developed games and more constant, rapid and substantial responses from the console makers and game developers to issues with their products. In that sense, my expectations are through the roof.

Having said that, I wont longer accept any well known and massive system failures such as RROD or YLOD and their disgusting subsecuent approach (specialy outside of USA). The same applies for games, I wont tolerate any games that due to their poor/archaic online structure or servers, I cant play online without doing some kind of adaptation on my end, I wont accept bugs nor glitches to not be fixed within the games lifeframe (yearly, every two years, one time only, etc).

I am also expecting all consoles and games to deliver each and everyone of their propposed features within their life span.

Now, there are some vague things that one side promises but is on the other side, were making it happen falls, on those conditions, only time can provide an answer but once it does, it will be as clear as water: either a console failing to provide what aimed (due to no games ever delivering) or game developers not being apt enough to provide what they promised or doing what the competition (even if indirect) does ... and then, I will act upon.

Did the past generation failed to meet my expectations ? They partially met it, but the sour taste that the few issues left on me, was big enough to make me be more decissive and less permissible. Given how on these still susceptible economy and uncertain times, I am doing such big of an investment on videogaming, I wont be so passive this time around.

That videogaming is my preferred hobby wont ever give a free pass (again); the more than a few months I have pass without a console or without playing a game due to them getting damaged (solely due to their doings) or servers out of function, have hardened my heart and cleared my mind, I will definitively provide a drastic response. I will make my investment be worth at all cost or get a total refund plus some more for the side damages (will go legal action or will no longer engrosse the faulted company pockets, depending on each case).

Anyways, dispense my rant and here is to hope for a more customer friendly next generation approach.