cparrish
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: "BuffEye Rosters" NCAA14 Xbox Dynasty Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylimesoda
cparrish,

Can you share a bit about your ratings philosophy and how (or if) we can contribute to player ratings?

For examples:

1. What does 92 speed mean in your roster? 4.4 40, observed game speed, etc?

2. Does a 91 rating in awareness mean that they're one of the smartest in the country, or just a starter-level on a top-25 team?

And what is the best way to make ratings suggestions? Do you prefer specific numbers (+5 SPD), or give general statements (speed guy, fastest on team)?
These questions are always hard to answer because there is a method to my madness that is not easy to describe in words. For the SPD rating, in the game it is a players top end speed, so I try to rate guys who have top level speed higher than players who are more quick twitch athletes. I do my best to take in effect a players game speed and 40 times and find a good medium. Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 I believe, but you never saw him getting caught from behind. Ryan Swope clocked in at 4.34 last year but you never saw him blow by people in college.

The AWR rating is mainly for gameplay and gameplay only as it helps a CPU controlled player make better decisions. The higher the rating, generally the better the CPU controlled player will play. It is a great tool for multiple players who may not be athletically talented, but have a nose for the game and are always in the right position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCHAMPxX
Excellent job on CU's roster! I looked through it and it looks great. Equipment, ratings everything looks really good! I did see some things that needed some fixing.

There are some key players missing from the Buff's roster
the players to be exact are: RB Malcolm Creer, QB Stevie Joe Doorman, WR Keenan Canty and CB Chidobe Awuzie are all missing and are key to CU's roster. Especially, Awuzie

Other than that there some # changes that need to be fixed
QB Sefo Liufau is #13 instead of #12, he is duplicate with Saftey Parker Orms

But other than those some-what small things..... These rosters look fantastic! Once again, I cant say it enough but we really appreciate all the hard work you guys have done to put these rosters together, we understand that this process takes a lot of time and we are willing to wait for the best product possible to come out. By far the best roster, in my opinion, on this site. Thank you guys so much!
I can't believe we forgot to swap Moten for Chido!!! Thank you for bringing that to our attention and we will get it taken care of for the next roster update. As for RB Malcolm Creer, QB Stevie Joe Doorman, and WR Keenan Canty, we purposely left them off the file for younger players who will play more throughout the season and onwards. We do plan on swapping out Williams and Tu'umalo for Severson and Olugbode as well. Go Buffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
What sliders are you guys using?
We have barely played the game as we've been working solely on the rosters since we got the game. I think I have maybe finished five games total? We are looking forward to enjoy the game for a bit instead of working on rosters every night of the week, which is the main reason we wanted to release the roster updates on specific days so we too could enjoy the game! I will look into what you suggested because the sliders I made were on a whim and I like what you recommended. One way to make the game challenging I have found is to play the game in ZOOM mode.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 09-21-2013 at 11:58 AM.