View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
Ampking101
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Stupid question but how do you stop...THE PRACTICE SQUAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
In the real world, practice and training is SUPPOSED to be harder than the real thing. That way, the actual competitive event that people pay to see you do is easier by comparison.

It's the same principle that makes basketball teams do six-on-five scrimmages, and baseball players put weights on their bats when they're on-deck, doing practice swings.

As someone once said, "Train hard. Fight easy."

But here...yeah, it really bugs me in Madden. Why are these no-names on the practice squad, making practice-squad money, when they CLEARLY have more than enough talent to play on Sundays?

(Also, good to see I'm not the only one that prefers Tied Up on Offense. I wish the practice scenarios told you beforehand who had the ball to start and what the down was, though...)

The real problem here though is that the practice squad is fake. Fake players, fake ratings, fake traits. This is why I wish they would allow you to accumulate a real practice squad. That way when you are practicing you are playing against real player some of which you will get to see have some real on the field potential. They could also gain XP albiet slower since they are on the practice squad and not on the actual team. This would also give you the ability that if a player gets injured you don't automatically have to sign someone from FA when you can pull guys from your practice squad.

It will never happen but it would sure make me feel better about losing to the practice squad if they were of real players that I picked up with real stats that beat me.