View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #762
Mr Bungle 34
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Yeah, newspapers are dying, have been for many years now. My hometown paper closed up shop only a few years after the internet was widely available. Times are just tough all around, wages have been falling for 30 years now. My brother has a degree in graphic design, he only makes $13 an hour. This is in a major city (Raleigh, NC). I'm 37 years old and I've only had health insurance for two years of my adult life. Right now my daughter has no insurance. We make just a little too much for programs like Schip but there is no way I can afford my work plan. It's just the two of us but I would have to buy the family plan that's really meant for a wife and multiple kids. Oh, I know the joys of a car repair at the most inopportune times. Every time I go for an oil change I end up spending a few hundred as they always find some problem. And then there are just the random times my car breaks down, most recently the alternator went while I was on a 400 mile drive. Had to get a hotel and pay for a tow (Why I don't have AAA after all the times this car has let me sit is beyond me, sometimes I'm an idiot). My car has 155,000 miles, I'm hoping it will last a few more years. The only thing that has saved me is one of my best friends who makes about half a million a year (must be nice). Luckily he's always there for a loan-if I really need it.

Do you read Bill Simmons? He's one of my favorite basketball writers. He's also a Celtics fan and he seems to be talking himself into the Kelly Olynyk era. Apparently he showed some promise in summer league. But yeah, it's not looking good for the Celts. It was just a few years ago though that you were similar shape and Garnett and Ray fell into your lap. Ainge is shrewd, who knows what he can pull off. I wonder what happens with Rondo? I'm a Sixers fan and we are in total tank mode. It's a great year to do it though with Wiggins looming in the draft.

Anyway, best of luck to you, everything will work out somehow...