Old 09-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #67
MrSerendipity
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 14 Uniform Pack #4 Now Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwhere
Which they did (something like 20 teams if I remember correctly) and yet people still complain about the rest. They crammed a bunch of stuff into an update for which they didn't charge and then, due to first-party restrictions, they put out smaller packs for cheap per pack. If I remember last year's packs correctly they were priced based off the number of teams in a pack regardless of the content that the pack contained. Most were more than $1 as well, IIRC. I'm betting that the reason they're putting these out in smaller increments is to keep up with the communities wish for much more frequent updates rather than trying to nickle and dime the end-user.

Long and the short of my point here is this: stop complaining about them not doing what you think they should do. Be grateful for what you're getting and stop looking this gift-horse in the mouth! At least updates are coming, even if they aren't complete uniforms every single time.

Plus it's not like they're forcing you to buy these extras they are still putting out while trying to plan for and develop the next-generation of College Football games. If you don't like it for some reason, then don't buy the darned thing.
Oh for the love of...

I've already on three separate occasions stated that I'm grateful for what they're doing. I've already said I think it's awesome that they're releasing the packages as quickly as they are. I've already said I love that they listened to the fans and made it a much more consistent process. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement and as I have purchased the product, I'm allowed to voice what improvements I think should be made. I'm not telling you or anyone else that the game is crap. I'm not telling people not to buy it because it's not accurate. I'm simply stating, as I have the right to do, that the packages they're releasing are lackluster. If you're satisfied with the packs, great! I'm happy for you. But simply because you think getting a few gloves a week is fine, doesn't mean everybody else has to think it's the holy grail of DLC.

And you're absolutely right, they didn't charge for the first DLC. But we both know somewhere inside that they did it to appease the thousands of gamers that were irritated that there teams weren't accurately represented. I'm guessing by your take on this matter that your team isn't one of those that is outdated or misrepresented. Most people buy this game to play as the team they're affiliated with. It's not THAT much to ask that their team be accurate. And as I've said more than once now, nobody is really complaining about those teams who had their uniform sets revealed weeks prior to the game's release. People are complaining about teams whose uniforms were revealed months to a year ago. Those people have a right to complain that they're purchasing a product that is marketing material inaccurately.