View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #12
theblasterkid
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Strange thing I noticed about Madden and coaching schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
Also, if you read the 2 articles posted in this thread this offensive "schemes" are about the structure of the play calling system and have nothing to do with actual plays. One system is strictly memory based, one is route tree based(numbered routes), and one is a route combo system that involves memorizing. These types of methods wouldn't apply what EA uses as offensive "schemes". They name their schemes based on the plays and formations in the play book.

We don't have access to the actual teams play books and plays so there is going to some guess work on EA's part.

What they could do, though, is implement the route tree concept into create a play and hot routes so that you highlight a WR and scroll through a drop down and select a number (the number always corresponding to the same route) so that you could create route combos as part of a flood or isolation philosophy or create route combos on the fly. This would streamline and expand the hot route system, IMHO, and give players more control than ever over their offense.

Yes, people would cheese it to death. So stay out of the lobbies. Sim users would also love it.

Defensively, they could also create zone philosophies and man-zone combo philosophies based on flood weak/strong, inside/out bracketing of a WR, and specific play assignments (like if you go press-man the safeties actually understand that they can not let a WR get deeper than them). These could, again, be used in a create a play situation or defensive hot routes.

I know that Alabama often uses plays that are zone until a man enters your zone and then you play that WR in man coverage the rest of the play and plays where you start out in man until the WR leaves your zone and then you pass him off and play zone the rest of the play.

Greater diversity in plays, play calling, and freedom/flexibility in adjustments would greatly deepen Madden, imo.
I agree with this. New feature coming Madden '45, lmao!