Old 09-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #44
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Best PS2 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gap Integrity
NCAA 06 was my favorite, and honestly prob still is. I think from just an X's and O's standpoint that game with a few of the other last gen games were the best true to life football gaming experience. For me it could have been a combination of things. In July of 2005 I was in my 3rd year in the Marine Corps. I lived in a barracks and spent a ton of time playing that game. It was the first NCAA game that I literally edited the entire FBS roster, and historic teams. I remember playing that game so much and having so many close head to head battles with friends.

A few reasons I think the older games were better:
-Mini Drills, these were fun and a good way to sharpen your stick skills.
-FCS and Historic rosters, As an editor I loved this, esp the historic teams.
-Presentation, the soundtrack, and I liked the video highlights on the main menu.
-Quick cut trigger jukes, I loved these and felt like it game you more control as a ball carrier. The game felt felt more user friendly and less robotic.
-gameplay, easy to explain... players used to run like they had hips and backs compared to stiff robotic feeling we have currently.
-Player detail, I like the amount of detail in regards to appearance of the players.

Overall I felt like 2006 was the best year. I started NCAA'ing back in 2000 on Ps1 with Ricky Williams on the cover. I've always been an avid roster editor. The news today is quite depressing for me. The only reason I own a game console is for NCAA football games. So at 31 it appears my gaming days could be over soon. I will always keep my old Ps2 with NCAA 2006. I was very attached to that game, and even though I'm older, it was still my favorite version.

EDIT

With the news of no new NCAA games for now moving forward, I will probably start making a Historic NCAA 2006 roster. It will be a casual hobby for me. But I will def share it with you all for free of course for anyone who might be interested. Let's bring last gen NCAA games back to life!
That would be awesome!

06 is my favorite, too. I am going to fire the PS2 back up and start playing it again. I may also look at getting 09 again, too. I owned it a few years ago but felt like the momentum meter turned the game into a turnover-fest.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)