View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #117
Hadlowe
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Soon, New Screenshots & Details This Wee

Live doesn't have to be better than 2k in every aspect of the game. They just need to put out a competent product with a solid base.

2k's animation system is its biggest strength and weakness. You get some plays that look very true to life, at the cost of player control of the game. I can't count the number of times that I've played perfect defense only to have the opponent or CPU lock me into a 2-man animation that I can't break out of. It is only made worse in player lock game modes where the terrible teammate AI spends 18 seconds of the shot clock dribbling in place only to hoist a 30 foot contested three once every four possessions.

Live just needs to show me a way to play the game where the gameplay is fluid and responsive, and teammate AI doesn't make me want to throw things at my screen. Even if the graphics don't match up to what 2k produces, that's fine. I just want to see a solid base that Live can build on for the future.

So give us the 5 on 5 footage. Let us see what you have cooking.