Old 10-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #95
bigeastbumrush
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfamazing
To those arguing about whether live will be a victim of stagnant, size up dribbling - I just don't think Live will fall in that way, soley based on this vid man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqus9LL3_Uo

The movement of dribbling looks legit this year, at least Kyrie's. I believe they said you could branch out of a move at anytime, I'd like to see that actually being done in the next showings instead of written and preached. I wonder if that size up/jordan move can be changed out of. If not then that's just weak.

And I'm sorry, I know this will offend the 2kers, but it's my truth. I can't think of a game more of a victim to what's being argued than 2k13 - where players literally fall off tootsie-roll, size-ups and standstills as simple as a change of hands as if they've been shot. It was like that kid at the park who thinks he can dribble and cross people, looking down at his dribble the whole time.

Fixed now in 2k14, but it was bad in 13.
Look. It's time to put this dribbling nonsense to bed.

I'm all for signature dribbling. I think we all are. And I think it's a good idea that the Live crew is borrowing some of the "ball physics" concepts from FIFA using shared technology.

But dribbling was never a sore point for the Live series. If anything, it was one of their advantages going back to the implementation of Freestyle vs IsoMotion.

So, in essence, Live has improved one of their already strong points. Kudos.

But it's seriously time to stop all the talk about size ups and breaking ankles because a regulation NBA game has very few perimeter clear out size up moments during a game. It's a pick and roll league.

That being said, what has been done to improve Live's weakest points which is player animations? The only trailer we saw had Raymond Felton being stuck in an animation. He didn't even move.

Do you care about that or is it just about how you can Shammgod your way to the hole?

The Live team has done nothing in my opinion that warrants a purchase, besides actually releasing the game.

Until they show 10 guys on a court animating fluidly together, they can flush this entire dribbling agenda down the toilet along with all of their other buzzwords and rhetoric.
Advertisements - Register to remove