View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
Heyuimintojsus
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8
How to play this game and what sliders to use

So, I am so used to the older versions of this game, and my favorite - College Hoops 2K8. But I can't figure this out.

I know this will be about gameplay, too, but more about what slider settings to change.

With all these new features, moves, etc, I cannot figure out anything. I need some help figuring out what to adjust.

Just playing on Pro level, default sliders, this is what I see (I lose more than win) ...

CPU players are faster on defense, fast breaks. I can never get a fast break. The CPU players are just a lot quicker in general than mine. They get back on defense, help defense, recover so much faster. I can't get around players, even using turbo or trying to do the special moves.

None of my players go for rebounds - it's like they stand and watch - and they act dumb on defense with no reaction to anything around them, especially people cutting or driving into the lane. And the CPU team has like tons of rebound dunks.

How do you play defense on this game? The CPU players stop on a dime on defense while mine have no recovery at all. Before I know it, just trying to stay in front of them, they are already to the goal. It was easier in the older games to stay in front of the CPU player and actually play defense. Now to me, it seems impossible.

And shooting. What happened to holding the turbo and shoot button for dunks? Anytime I get remotely close and use the R stick and R2, it does not want to dunk. It throws up some flimsy shot, getting rejected by the rim half the time.

I have looked through a lot of stuff on here, the guide, etc, and I don't know what to do.

Can someone help? This is so different from the last College Hoops game.
Advertisements - Register to remove