Old 10-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #170
RAPH
Rookie

RAPH's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
Those are definitely oddball scores. A big one that stands out to me that you never mentioned is the rockets FGA.. 101?! Jeeeeez... Were they rebounding too hard ? Going to fast? At any rate that should calm down as defense improves.

Yes I lowered Vert and blocking. I don't think you have too little, as the most blocks per game last season in the NBA was 7.6 Not too far off from 5. some games youll have lower, some games higher, my goal is to have the best shot blocking teams peak at 8-9 per game. (Thunder had 8.2 2 seasons ago.)

Not sure about your scores though, maybe a great offensive game from both clubs, I actually dropped the inside scoring slider for both sider and RAISED defense effectiveness vs layups, so not sure why they were high. I like that my sliders can allow fluctuation rather than cut and dry stats every single game. Thanks again for feedback RAPH, let me know If your games start to get out of hand and you are losing the realism, I'm always open to change
Thanks for the block statistics, usually I'm on point with that type of stuff, but for some reason the league high's were kind of inflated in my mind lol. So that being said, 5 isn't bad.

As far as inside scoring, I did see a lot of variety and fluctuation throughout the game. Monroe shot 6/15 inside, 40%, while Drummond was 6/6. As for the Rockets, Harden missed numerous layups, while Lin was floating shots over my bigs up and in.

I just had a rough time stopping Lin and Patrick Beverley from getting inside, and defending the three point line. One major problem is my turnovers though, I know that's a problem that can obviously lead to a high number of FG attempts for the opposing team. Believe it or not, I didn't have any turnovers at all in the 2nd Quarter, but still manages 18 TO's. I have to work on that.

I'll figure out some better defensive strategies and play another game tomorrow night to see if I get better results.