Old 10-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #17
splff3000
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
Vic also addressed replays for those who love to critique them, no more floaty feet. The most interesting part was Vic saying you're not going to see a big graphical jump. People have said this, but man I look at those 2k14 pics side by jump and that's a very bump leap in graphics. So i'm not a believer in that school of thought. I guess we may not be getting what we saw at E3, and that would be very disappointing. These consoles are more powerful.
IMO, this is good news. That means they're not trying to use most( or all) of their resources on graphics and stadium design like it seems they did with Madden 06 on the 360. Hopefully, this means that most of the resources were put to gameplay and things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'll be making cliff notes on this in the next hour. Anyone have anything in specific that they are wanting to know about in regards to gameplay? I asked Rich to ask Victor some questions so I'm curious to see what he had to say about them.
I can't wait to see them. Yeah, I'm interested in pretty much anything gameplay related. I'm tired of hearing about art and graphics. I want to hear about the gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Good show. Says the biggest thing is the game will feel different. OK, but I'm still wanting to know what happened between E3 visuals and MNF simulation visuals.
As much as the statement about "visuals not changing much" makes me feel good, this one does nothing for me. In fact, it kinda worries me a little. It means EA is still using the same tag lines of previous years. How many times over the years have we been told pre-release, that you have to "feel" the game to see the difference then we get it and it "feels" the same as previous maddens. The "you have to feel it" line from EA has gotten pretty old.

Hopefully, the reason for the change in the visuals is due to processing power ie they are using more power for gameplay so they had to reduce the visuals some from their initial projections. Personally, the game can look exactly like this gen, with dramatically upgraded gameplay and I'd be a very happy camper. I will admit, I am very curious to see what this game actually looks like graphically and gameplay wise. EA needs to stop with all the trailers and give us some raw gameplay footage.