View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #18
dghustla
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen with Vic Lugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Agreed. While they don't have to fall on their sword, a mea culpa would be nice since its pretty clear that they used the bait and switch marketing again. EA really is working hard to erode any semblance of trust the market has in them. I understand inflating your marketing strategy by over stating the impact certain improvements make on the game, but they really need to be taken to task for what boils down to essentially lying about their product. Because releasing a video like E3 that says actual gameplay and then releasing a game that looks nothing like it and not saying a word is BS.

At least come out, own it and say, "we really tried to hit the E3 gameplay target but we didn’t feel we could get there in time and still have a complete full featured game at launch." People may not all understand but at least they won't feel like they were intentionally deceived.

I completely agree with you. The Coachglass video looks better than the MNF video but no where near the trailer and no where near E3. I think EA needs to just stop with the pre-rendered trailers. If they want to highlight graphics and true step, just use gameplay to show how it looks and happens in the actual game. it doesn't need to be 10 minutes of gameplay. just replace the canned screens and use the game.