Old 10-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #382
Boilerbuzz
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
If any of these things were relevant to the current development cycle or next generation machines: which is the context from which I am operating, you would have a point. However, none of these things explain why people have continued to press EA for 5 on 5 gameplay, for example, while forgetting to demand the same of its competitor.
Must someone REALLY post a link to the QUICKLY posted "I want to see 5v5 gameplay instead" posts in the 2K thread? They are REALLY easy to find.

Quote:
These are the troll quality responses that are void of coherency and specificity I was referring to, Boilerbuzz.
I honestly don't think that's comment was troll worthy. I completely understand where you're coming from man. I really do. But I think you're lumping the really trollish comments and unfairly attributing them to me and the other guys you mentioned. I don't think that's fair, but it's understandable. So I won't fault you for it.

At the end of the day, you may not believe this, but I'm on your side. Some folks just coming in here to throw stones at the franchise. I repeat: I don't think that's fair at all. Making games is HARD! You have to satisfy millions of people and convince them to buy a product that is NOT a necessity. I posted a few days earlier - I truly believe that Tiburon may have too much on it's plate. That hurts ALL of their titles. So, if the game just truly sucks, I would understand why. That's an "IF". I'm pulling for those folks because I know they are in a tough situation. As far as the game is concerned, my position is simply this (and I want people to read this carefully):

NBA 2K is an excellent sports series. It's hard to point to a series that replicates it's sport any closer. It's not easy to make ANY game let alone a sports game. And THAT game has MORE than it's fair share of problems, warts, and detractors. So how is it fair to anyone (devs and fans) to expect Live to measure up to that series after not ONLY 3 years away, but the previous 10 years of falling behind before it? To expect Live to be comparable is FAIR. To expect it be better out of the box is asinine. So, to try to paint this as the holy grail of basketball games before it even hits is ridiculous. But, to expect it to not have issues and for folks to not go off on them is naive. Ever notice how you enjoy a movie more when you have lower, reasonable expectations?