View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #407
scottyp180
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
I already provided my impressions. If I wanted to be as critical of 2k as OS is to Live:

- LeBron was up way too high for a standard block, way too high. Couple of feet too high.

- Seems to still be a force field between collisions. Kobe sliding Rose back in air.

- Hardens beard went through his jersey.

- Kobe's face looks a bit off to me. Looks a bit wide and undefined in the chin/jaw.

- They dont have the proportions right on any of the faces if you look at it from a 45 degree angle, they look incredibly chubby. Hands look like sausages.

- Chris Kaman's beard is too dark and doesn't represent his current look. He doesn't even look like Chris Kaman
- Xavier Henry's model isn't replicated in real life
- Derek Fisher's face looks like the current gen just used for trailer purposes
- Kobe Bryant's face has a lot of discoloration and some of his face features need more tweaking like his jaw and nose
- Russell Westbrook also has some issues with his face and head
- Kevin Durant needs a little more tweaking on the face
- Lebron's face is a bit chubby
- Udonis Haslem's face needs tweaking
- Nick Young's face needs tweaking

And they showed us very little to no actual 5v5 gameplay. Mostly game stoppages such as intros, free throws, celebrations, etc.
That's a bit over critical don't you think? If you disect both videos, or any game for that matter, you are going to find issues. After all they are videogames attempting to replicate the real world, impossible to perfect. When it comes to graphics I think its fair to say that on first view and looking at both games with an open mind 2k looks better. I don't want to get into the whole arguement about which one does what better, which one does what worse, or which one focuses on this not that, or which one is zoomed in too much. If we were to look at both videos and take a poll about which one looks more like real life I say 2k wins by a wide margin.

Although I do agree about kobes face looking off. That was one thing that kinda stood out to me. Everyone else face was looking spot on then they showed kobe and I thought "hmm something looks a little off"