View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #13
NINJAK2
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K14 Screenshot Comparison - Kevin Durant & Ray Allen Current-Gen vs. Next-Ge

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
What happened to current gen's lighting over the years? I feel like there were much sharper lighting effects (and sweat) early in the system's life than later. I'm looking at some 360 2K6 screenshots and they actually look closer to PS4 in terms of lighting than 2K14 current gen in some regards.
I think it's a memory issue. 2k is on record saying they were running out of space on current gen. If you compare features and content of 2k6 to 2k14 there is wayyyyyy more content in 2k14 that is potentially eating up space. That isn't an excuse for that bad KD on CG, that is just a bad scan job. Looking at the rookies in 2k14 lets you know they are capable of doing better work on CG.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 11-01-2013 at 07:25 PM.