Old 11-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
Feared
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Arthritis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
I'm in a semi similar situation as you. The cartilage in my right knee is slowly deteriorating and trust me it can be painful. Your going to want to get a knee brace. It really helps stabilize the knee for physical activity. Ice is also your best friend to keep any swelling/pain down. Physical Therapy will be a big help if done enough. You really gotta stick to it.
I'm looking into some knee braces, that are light, not bulky, and not too restrictive. I've had an Ace Bandage on it at work, and I found that doesn't help too much, as it restricts motion and when I loosen it up it slides off. Probably going to need a custom brace that shifts weight bearing towards the healthier side of my knee.

I think having arthritis in the Knee is the worst joint to have it in, as if effects almost all of your activity as those are your major weight bearing joints. I was icing me knee for nearly a week (when I triggered the worst of my pain 3 months back) but the thing with arthritis is you can't see the swelling because it's all joint tissue within the joint that's swelling.

Man I wish there was a viable option for partial cartilage replacement.