View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
clemsoncarl
Rookie

clemsoncarl's Arena

OVR: 0
10 Reasons to Buy NCAA Football 13 (Over NCAA Football 14)

Inspired by EA Sports' article entitled 101 Reasons to Buy NCAA Football 14, I present my own 10 Reasons to Buy NCAA Football 13 (Over NCAA Football 14)!

Original EA Sports article here

Background
I keep going back and forth between NCAA 13 and 14, and there are lots of good features about NCAA 13 that people are overlooking, and I have enumerated them here. This is not an attempt to incite a flame war, instead, if we are going to be stuck with only these games for the near future, we need to better understand their strong and weak points.

I actually own both games, and I recommend that others do the same since these are the last in this great series -- NCAA 13 gamers should have NCAA 14, and NCAA 14 gamers should have NCAA 13.

Obvious Weak Points of NCAA 13
*"4 Verticals" money play (but this can be banned with a "gentleman's rule" and in offline play)
*Too many INTs (but this can be easily fixed with sliders)

10 REASONS TO BUY NCAA FOOTBALL 13 (OVER NCAA FOOTBALL 14)
  1. Team-specific entrances (such as Clemson's running down the hill!! - Not found in NCAA 14)
  2. Realistic injury rate (injuries are exceptionally rare in NCAA Football 14)
  3. Realistic fumble rate (rare in NCAA Football 14 and can't be easily fixed with sliders because there's no "Fumble" slider)
  4. Fully patched (Many were expecting further patches from EA Sports when NCAA 14 was abruptly canceled)
  5. Cheaper (Currently $18 vs. $48 for NCAA 14 on Amazon.)
  6. More in-depth recruiting -- You control the specific pitches made to each recruit. This enables you to "get to know" each recruit better and become more immersed in the recruiting process. NCAA 14's recruiting is more statistical and less engaging.
  7. Sleek and intuitive in-game menus, not the Windows 8-inspired tile menus
  8. No long Nissan in-game commercial
  9. No RPG "leveling up" -- You level up the old fashioned way, You earn it by getting better! This is a skill-based game, remember? Don't need to worry about accumulating XP by running up the score either.
  10. Erin Andrews! (Although admittedly, only the audio.)
Advertisements - Register to remove