Old 11-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #92
El_Poopador
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: (UPDATED) NBA Live 14 Demo Arrives on November 19th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
I don't understand the unneeded overhead to compress the data neither. My thought or rational is that it's goes back to Microsoft's orginial plan of always online, knowing that if most user were going to go digital only this generation, games have to be compress because of download size and bandwidth. I for sure as hell won't download 40 gig game, it would take me about a whole day and eat up a majority of my monthly bandwidth. Knowing that EA was one of Microsoft's compentents of always online, they could have told all their teams to compress as much as possible because of this. Example, for Europeans who buy Day One editions of the Xbox One they FIFA free as a digital download, I'm pretty sure no one wants to wait and download a huge game when they first buy a new console, so compressing all the data would be the best solution and probably was set as a standard for all three EA Sports games. Just my thought, I could be wrong though.
that would make sense, but both next gen consoles have advertised being able to play the game while its downloading, so you dont need to wait for the full thing to download before you can play it.